CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program consisting mainly of a mix of aerobic exercise, calisthenics (body weight exercises), and Olympic weightlifting. CrossFit, Inc. describes its strength and conditioning program as "constantly varied functional movements executed at high intensity across broad time and modal domains," with the stated goal of improving fitness, which it defines as "work capacity across broad time and modal domains." Hour-long classes at affiliated gyms, or "boxes", typically include a warm-up, a skill development segment, the high-intensity "workout of the day" (or WOD), and a period of individual or group stretching. Some gyms also often have a strength focused movement prior to the WOD. Performance on each WOD is often scored and/or ranked to encourage competition and to track individual progress. Some affiliates offer additional classes, such as Olympic weightlifting, which are not centered around a WOD.
CrossFit gyms use equipment from multiple disciplines, including barbells, dumbbells, gymnastics rings, pull-up bars, jump ropes, kettlebells, medicine balls, plyo boxes, resistance bands, rowing machines, and various mats. CrossFit is focused on "constantly varied, high-intensity, functional movement," drawing on categories and exercises such as these: calisthenics, Olympic-style weightlifting, powerlifting, Strongman-type events, plyometrics, body weight exercises, indoor rowing, aerobic exercise, running, and swimming.
CrossFit programming is decentralized but its general methodology is used by thousands of private affiliated gyms, fire departments, law enforcement agencies, and military organizations including the Royal Danish Life Guards, as well as by some U.S. and Canadian high school physical education teachers, high school and college sports teams, and the Miami Marlins.
"CrossFit is not a specialized fitness program, but a deliberate attempt to optimize physical competence in each of 10 recognized fitness domains," says founder Greg Glassman in the Foundations document. Those domains are: cardiovascular and respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance, and accuracy.
CrossFit appeals to both men and women alike and a 2014 statistical analysis showed that CrossFit participants were equally 50% male and 50% female.
CrossFit, Inc. licenses the CrossFit name to gyms for an annual fee and certifies trainers. Besides the standard two-day "Level 1 Trainer Course", specialty seminars include gymnastics, Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, strongman, running and endurance, rowing, kettlebells, mobility and recovery, CrossFit Kids, CrossFit Football, and self-defense and striking. Other specialized adaptations include programs for pregnant women, seniors, and military special operations candidates. Affiliates develop their own programming, pricing, and instructional methods. Many athletes and trainers see themselves as part of a contrarian, insurgent movement that questions conventional fitness wisdom; besides performing prescribed workouts, they follow CrossFit's nutrition recommendations (adopting a paleo and/or zone diet).
CrossFit makes use of a virtual community Internet model. The company says this de-centralized approach shares some common features with open source software projects and allows best practices to emerge from a variety of approaches, a contention that is disputed by some competitors and former affiliates.
It has been theorized that CrossFit's implementation of resistance coupled with anaerobic and aerobic exercise across varying training time domains may benefit muscle size, cortisol levels, and improved endurance performancebut this has not been substantiated by a body of good medical evidence.
Stencora is a fundraising platform created to work with companies to support the causes their customers care about through contributions stemming from their monthly proceeds. Stencora has partnered with the mobile service provider Apela to bring you individual and family mobile plans that are first class at excellent rates and thereby empower you to raise significant funds for your cause.
By becoming an Apela customer, you will be contributing to Cristian Alin Banu cause through your monthly cell phone bill. The contributions for your cause will grow as you refer your friends and family!
These wireless plans are tailored to deliver the best value to individual users and work with most unlocked GSM phones.Click to see more information about individual plans.
You may share these plans with up to 25 devices. A device fee ($15 per smart phone and $10 per tablet) will be charged monthly for each device you add on to this plan. Taxes and fees may apply.Click to see more information about shared plans.
1. Unlimited Talk: is for mobile phones only, and cannot be used on any other device, including tablets or PCs. Includes unlimited calls within domestic US.
2. Unlimited Text: must be made from within the domestic US coverage area (US, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands). Dialing 411 is charged at $2.99 per call.
3. Unlimited Text is for standard texting only and available solely on mobile devices. Includes unlimited number of messages up to 1 MB in size within and from the domestic calling area. Includes more than 190 countries for text messaging and 120 for picture messaging; please click on this link (https://www.apelainc.com/international-text-destinations) to view the approved countries. For specific rates and for countries included in our texting plan, please contact our customer service at +1 248.817.1629. We may add, change and remove countries at our discretion without notice.
4. All data users must have a qualifying smartphone device that will be compatible with our LTE or 5G network. Apela requires the use of an unlocked GSM phone with VoLTE (Voice over LTE capabilities). Phones programmed for CDMA networks such as Verizon will not work on Apela.
5. A one-time activation fee of $15.00 is due at sign-up (waived for customers with AutoPay enabled) and is not refundable unless the law from your jurisdiction requires a refund; a deposit for service is also required. The deposit will be applied towards any outstanding balance in the event your account is past due by fifteen (15) days. If the deposit is consumed, payment of a subsequent deposit will be required before continuing service.
6. Monthly base fee excludes taxes. Your bill will include your base fee plus additional fees and taxes as determined by our regulatory and tax advisers. Some Fees and Surcharges are not taxes or government-required charges, and are subject to change.
7. Data: No charge for overages, but once you have exceeded the allowance of LTE data speed you may be downgraded to 128kps for the remaining billing cycle. Data usage is only allowed in the Domestic Coverage Area (DCA) which includes the United States, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands.
Not ready to sign up, or have questions? Send me an email!
Please fill out the form below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.